Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cooling And Heating Systems Represent Half Of The Energy Used In A Typical Home.

Here Are Some Ways You Can Cut Those Energy Costs Without Sacrificing Comfort.

1.    Regularly maintain your air conditioning system by a licensed professional HVAC company.
2.    Change your ac filters and furnace filters every 30 days.
3.    Set your thermostat at 78 degrees when at home. Bump it up a few degrees if you are going to be gone for several hours.
4.    Install a programmable thermostat.
5.    When buying a central air conditioning system, pick the right size for your home. One that is too small or too big will not work efficiently.
6.    Use a microwave, toaster over or crockpot instead of the oven.
7.    Keep curtains and blinds closed during the day.
8.    Use CFL bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs. CFL’s generate less heat and use less energy.
9.    Run energy-efficient ceiling fans when you are home.
10. Plant shade trees around your property.

4 comments:

  1. This blog Info is fabulous; I must wanna see best more from your writers.

    www.ushomefilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this blog site through my friends and when I searched this really there were informative articles at the place.
    ushomefilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That article is so helping with the HVAC maintenance. Thanks for the blog.

    Heating and Cooling Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm.. estimable to be here in your report or notify, whatever, I repute I should moreover process strong for my have website want I play some salubrious further updated busy in your location. Why Do I Smell Gas Coming From My Oven?

    ReplyDelete